Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bread Glorious Bread!

I am not the man I used to be. In fact, I am more. Much more. I’ve ballooned out. My pants have gotten tight. I have cheeks like Alvin’s little chipmunks. And I can explain it all in one word: Bread.

I have not really been a big bread fan. But when I find great bread then I become a big fan. In more ways than one. The loaf I am talking about is called the Sebastopol Seeded Sourdough. A tasty and moist crumb inside; a hardy outer crust and 4 seeds generously sprinkled throughout make this bread a masterpiece. The seed combination is sesame, sunflower, poppy and flax. I like to get it sliced there at the bakery but two fisting the loaf and gnawing the end off works, too.

It’s great by itself out of the bag, or dipped in olive oil, with balsamic vinegar, PBJ’s, pasta, salads, meats, eggs and of course the greatest of bread feasts; toasted and spread with butter.

Nothing has ever tasted so good. Can I get an “Amen!”?

You can find the Village Bakery at 7225 Healdsburg Ave in Sebastopol CA.
Now go, explore!

No comments: